By Farah A. Ibrahim, Jianna R. Heuer
This well timed quantity offers readers a powerful framework and leading edge instruments for incorporating consumers' certain cultural variables in counseling and remedy. Its chapters determine cultural, societal, and worldview-based contexts for figuring out consumers, from the rather primary (ethnicity, gender, age) to the fewer explored (migration prestige, social privilege, geographic environment). assorted situations illustrate how cultural checks give a contribution to development the healing courting and constructing interventions that recognize patron individuality in addition to team id. In those pages, clinicians are provided powerful concepts for undertaking extra proper and significant remedy, leading to higher results for patron populations that experience usually been marginalized and underserved. The appendices comprise the Scale to evaluate Worldview© (Ibrahim & Kahn, 1984), The Acculturation Index© (Ibrahim, 2008), and the Cultural identification payment List-Revised© (Ibrahim, 2007).
Among the themes lined:
- Cultural identification: elements and assessment.
- Worldview: implications for culturally responsive and moral practice.
- Understanding acculturation and its use in counseling and psychotherapy.
- Social justice variables serious for carrying out counseling and psychotherapy.
- Immigrants: identification improvement and counseling concerns.
- Designing interventions utilizing the social justice and cultural responsiveness model.
Cultural and Social Justice Counseling is a profound resource of information for clinicians and scholars in psychological healthiness fields (counselors, psychologists, psychiatrists, psychiatric nurses, social staff) who're operating with consumers from assorted cultural backgrounds, together with these operating in overseas settings, with consumers throughout cultures, and with sojourners to the US.